Thursday, September 22, 2005

Later, suckers!


He Caught a Boot! A BOOT!
Originally uploaded by billmcgonigle.
I've finagled my 5 day vacation into a 10 day vacation (I am so smart! S=M-R-T!) and as such I will be enjoying an all expenses paid tour of lovely... YUNNAN!

Yes, its Yunnan Province in the southwest of China. Land of the majority of Chiina's minorities (there are 56 in China total and 98% of the population is all Han Chinese!) that skirts along the Tibetan Plateau!

Yes, its Yunnan, where you can visit KunMing, the flower city! Or take in the Naxi Orchestra in old world LiJiang! Bargain for cheap Burmese jade! Eat Across-the-Bridge Noodles! Its... YunNan!

I leave Monday. I'll be the sole foreigner in a group of Chinese tourists. And the travel agent warned me: YunNan rice is not like NorthEastern Rice. YunNan rice... is harder.

I don't know why she told me that. But I've been warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home