Tuesday, August 30, 2005

"Lost" and Found


Goodbye Twinkletoes
Originally uploaded by billmcgonigle.
We're saying goodbye to another of our illustrious English teaching staff, sad to say. David, my only fellow American, is leaving Haerbin and taking a position at a university in Urumuqi, the capital city of XinJiang province. This is western China, as in the Uigyrs and the Gobi Desert. But after a year here, maybe its a good change for David. Regardless, no one will ever be able to fill his dancing shoes, the guy was a complete animal.

As for myself, I've been incredibly slothful since I found the "Lost: Season 1" DVD box set. The show is pretty dang good. I've just this afternoon completed the entire season, which took me less than a week for 25 hours. Disgusting, I know. But the show was that good, that engrossing.

But now that my monkey is off my back, I will return to more normal postings, or so I at least intend to.

Chinese class is going well, and my ability is really improving again. "Teaching" is still frsutrating, but I continue to distance myself and prohibit from getting too invested in it, as the more anyone seems to try, to more everyone seems to fail. It is a disgusting and horrid attitude, but the only one that seems to work; the only one that will let you survive.

I got a craving for some KFC. Must go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home