Friday, September 02, 2005

It Burns! It Burns!

No, I'm not talking about syphilis, I'm talking about my computer. After a long process of searching, haggling, hacking, and simple waiting; I finally have a DVD burner. I'm quite happy with it. So far I've tested only one project, which seems to have passed with flying colors. But I also got my hands on iDVD 5.0, which means I need to learn a whole new system. The end result will be some mailings in the nearer future.

On a side note, I don't know if they have syphilis in China. Which goes to say that they probably do, but its likely denied by the gub'mint or lacking from common knowledge. Were either true, then the local response is always "We don't have that in China."

So, in that vein, here is a short list of things Chinese people have told me do not exist in China:
- Pink Eye
- Cortisteroid (simple antihistamine)
- Apple Computers
- Whores (HA!)
- Acne
- Privacy (I believe this one)
- Warts
- Poor People
- Mentally Handicapped
- A Good Burrito (Sadly true)

The list goes on, but I'm tired, tomorrow is Saturday (no longer a day of fun for this guy), and Season 6 of the Simpsons is calling out for a quick viewing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home