Thursday, February 10, 2005

What I Had to Drink Today + Another Totally Random List

I've pledged not to post entries onto this blog in this vein, but consider this a taste of what that other blog I'm going to start will consist of. We at "Immigrant Songs" find no problem in ending our sentences with prepositions. And also, you're drunk.

What I Had to Drink Today (In Chronological Order):
Cappucino from Starbucks
Sam Adams (aka beer, for you idiots)
Coffe Coolatta (frozen coffee drink from Dunkin Donuts, for those who do not know heaven)
IBC Root Beer
Glass of Water
Wine (Merlot)
Glass of Water
Glass of Milk
1/2 Pitcher of Water
Scotch (Dewars)
Scotch (Dewars)
Scotch (Dewars)

And Now: Another Totally Random List

1. The complete Star Wars and Indiana Jones trilogies have been added to my luggage.
2. In addition, I will also be bringing Palmer's "History of the World," both volumes, thank you Jack Richards
3. I'm a dork.
4. I'm looking forward to an Amy Poehler "Best of ... SNL" DVD. I'd also look forward to a "Best of" Tina Fey, but it'd be all Weekend Update, and thats not enough variety for a DVD. Sorry Tina. I still find you attractive, in that smart, sassy way. Call me.
5. Scripted Tracy Morgan is much funnier than unscripted Tracy Morgan performing stand-up at un-named universities in Washington, DC, that I graduated from. Preposition.
6. I watched a Food Channel special with Bobby Flay tonight regarding BBQ. I've decided that BBQ is on the short list of things I will miss most while in China. Pulled pork, ribs, cornbread... ain't nothing wrong with that.

-- The last comment... is, well, a shade transcendental and a light shade of blue. If you have 100% serious respect for me and wish to keep it, stop here. --

Didn't think so.

7. Standing knee deep in snow wearing Georgetown Basketball shorts as a light freezing rain falls upon your shoulders on a dark New England night while you take a leak is rather transcendental and awe-inspiring. In the rankings of transcendental and awe-inspiring places and times I have taken a leak, I will rank it #2, right behind taking a leak in the middle of a soy field in north eastern China (message!) as a burst of ball lightning exploded right in front of me, and right before that time I got caught in the act by a DPS officer in front of Henle Village.

"What are you doing, son?"
"Uuuhh... urinating?"
"And where do you think you are?"
"Public?"

As witnessed by Ted Burke.

More posts like these are expected on that second blog. This is your taste test. Wait in anxiety for more, or spit it out, I dont care, I'm going to bed.

1 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger TED BURKE said...

I don't think we've met, but anyone who has a friend named Ted Burke is a friend of mine. Cheers.

Ted Burke

www,tedburke.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home