Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Packing

I've spent most of today packing what I could, trying to get an idea of just what and how much of what I would be able to take with me. I should mention I spent yesterday with my mother and grandmother shopping for a piece of luggage, initially searching for a simple duffel bag, but coming home with a big red trunk.

I was skeptical at first, having no faith that the confines of a trunk could hold more than the crammability of an unrestricted duffel. Now, a few hours later, I gotta say, this puppy holds more than I could have hoped. To give you, the reader, an idea of what's currently joining me on this adventure overseas:
8 sweaters
8 button down shirts
2 shorts
5 izods
the requisite underwear and boxers
(my tshirts are in another bag)
DVDS, including: Apocaplypse Now, Royal Tennenbaums, South Park Seasons 3&4, Simpsons Season 4, Ghostbusters, Super Troopers, American Beauty, Raiders of the Lost Arc, Army of Darkness, Monty Python's the Meaning of Life, and some others.
Books, including: "Diplomacy" (I've promised myself I'd read this, China seems like a good place to make due), "The Rise of Globalism," "Nicomathean Ethics," "The Republic," "Confederacy of Dunces," "Nostromo," "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest," some Faulkner, and others.

The reading list might resemble something from one's sophomore year of college, and well, a lot was from my own. But I didnt do much reading sophomore year and many of these are books I'd like to know better. Plus, money says "Diplomacy" alone keeps me busy for a month.

At this point there is still a few more things to put together and get in the bags, but its close. The anxiety from the other day has subsided, ad Sunday seems as far away as it did a month ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home