Thursday, February 03, 2005

Bright Lights, Big City, Empty Apartment

I'm in NYC. Specifically, I'm in Manhattan, somewhere near Ground Zero, in Annie Witten's apartment. Annie, a good friend from Georgetown, has been so kind to let me crash on her pull out bed. But she's also left me alone in her place, which now pulls my own kindness into question.

I didnt order this pull out bed... with sausage!

All kidding aside, I promise I behaved myself while unsupervised. Tomorrow morning I must head to the Chinese Consulate General here in NYC to apply for and obtain my visa. Shouldn't be too difficult, but I'd like to consulte my email for some info before I head over. Unfortunately, I can't check my email here on Annie's computer... something to do with ActiveX, and I don't know what that is, and I'm hesitant to start mucking around with downloads and security settings. I'll figure it out.

All that aside, I saw one Graham Norwood and JP Chisholm this evening. Graham and I share roots back in America House, Chisholm entered the picture with Foxcroft. You either know what I'm talking about or you dont. Either way, both excellent individuals.

But now I must focus on some paperwork. The funny bit is that I spent the last year and a half securing visas for immigrants entering the US, now I need to figure out how to get my own with which to leave. I also need to sabotage Ms. Witten's apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home