Thursday, November 24, 2005

Water-Lieu Day 3: Keeping Clean, Keeping Sane, Keeping True

Waking up today, the first goal was to shower. That was done at a ritzy hotel not too far away from my apartment. It was great to have a hotel room all to myself, if only for an hour. In fact, I think the shortage of time inspired my unconcious deisre to trash said hotel room, as I flooded the Noah out of the place. I repel blame, however, as the doohiky that looked like a drain cover (it was full of holes for Christ's sake!) was actually a drain plug. So maybe I flooded a hotel room this morning.

After that I caught a bus across town to the Costco equivalent and picked up some scotch (Dewars, of course) and some brie. After that, I got home, cracked the scotch, sliced the brie, and enjoyed "The Royal Tenenbaums," one of my favorite 'family' movies.

After the movie (and a 1/3 of the scotch) I met up with the new American, the Aussie, and the Russian friend for dinner. We went to the Holiday Inn which enjoyed a wonderful spread that included turkey, sirloin, salmon, apple pie, and many other delicious treats. However, much to my chagrin, they were missing mashed potatoes and stuffing.

It was a good meal, with good company, and I'm very happy. It's tough celebrating Thanksgiving away from home, and I think it'll be more difficult than celebrating Christmas away. But tonight was a good night, and I'm happy. Sure, they didn't have some old goofy guy deep frying a turkey, but all the good old goofy guys are visiting my brother in Prague right now, so all I can do is post more pictures of potentially old goofy guys deep frying turkeys.

PS: I respect and love old goofy guys because I'm well down the path towards becoming an old goofy guy who will one day deep fry his own turkey. I just like to poke fun. Poke. Poke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home