Monday, May 30, 2005

Dazed and Confuzed


Chinese People Love Me
Originally uploaded by billmcgonigle.
I got back from my vacation four weeks ago come Thursday. I'm embarrassed it took me this long to get it all typed out, but this month has been ridiculous. It began with losing sleep, as the sun comes up now around 330 and floods right into my room. I was just recently able to get decent curtains and to catch up on my sleep. I had a cold for a bit, well, at least a very very sore throat. A teacher we prospectively hired was fired before he taught a single class. Another teacher decided to sign on for another 6 months. I bought a cell phone, picked a bad number that resulted in dozens of unwanted calls a day, bought a new number. Immediately after buying a cell phone I found myself swept up into a more social environment and putzing around quite a bit more. I've started searching for a Chinese teacher for private lessons. And last night I watched "Yellow Submarine."

Today is the first day I've felt like I'm returned to the calm since before vacation. So I'm using it to rest up, recoop, and get back in touch with people.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled ramblings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home