Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween in Harbin

Hooray for Halloween. Hands down, my favorite social holiday. Here is the story on the 2005 Haunted Harbin Halloween.


I spent morning picking up last minute necessities to host a hole for our Halloween Golf Party. If you don't know what a Golf Party is, well, I'm not going to explain it here. Once home, I spent some time with quality horror films such as "Psycho" and "Night of the Living Dead (1968)," as well as some Simpsons' Halloween episodes. I carved a final jack-o-lantern. Then I put the costume together.

I went out this year as Baron Samedi, a figure prominent in the Voodoo religion of Haiti but maybe best known from his turn in "Live and Let Die" as a Bond baddie. (He's also in Goldeneye, one of the best video games ever. But you probably never use the Baron if you play, as he's very tall and often shoots over the heads of the other characters. I could go on, I could probably devote an entire blog to that one video game, but not here, not now.) Anyways, it wasnt too hard, and I got to use chicken feet in the costume. Not too hard to find chicken feet in China, actually, I can buy them almost immediately outside my front door.


Dan came over to do up his own paint job, he was shooting for a wizard outfit but seemed like everyone took it a different way. he got lots of "youre a demon!" or "youre that guy from that movie!" or "Darth Maul!" guesses all night, few got it right. Oh well. Still looked impressive, and once he was set we were already late, so we cabbed up to Craig's for the first hole of the night: beer.

At Craig's we met up with most of the Sunshine crew. Sadly, no one else was close to as geared up as Dan and I. Peer pressure is a wonderful tool though, so we got to work forcing others to get in the spirit. Jordan, one of our youngbucks, caved first. Wasn't sure it was possible, but, well, just take a look at the picture. Speaks for itself.


This post was going to continue on, I was going to fill it with humorous anecdotes from the evening, a few poignant observations, and the usual nonsense, but I just realized how tired and hungover I still am. So, know this: I served daiquiris, we took a break mid-golf to sit down at a restaurant and eat and terrorize Chinese people, and at the end of it all I passed out on the floor in the corner of a kitchen with a dog licking my face.

I love Halloween.

Now here are some pictures. Enjoy.





1 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger E-currency Guy said...

Good blog you have here. I bookmarked it for future visits.

My web site is about Learning Ecurrency.

Stop by for a visit if you get the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home